Monday, April 23, 2007

Come one, come all!

A message from the manager of my softball team (Realty Executives, aka "Team America"):

"Realty Executives Fans,

Coming off a tough loss to Neil Diamond (16-18) last week, we're
pleased to announce plans for Fan Appreciation Night this Wednesday,
April 25 at 6:30 p.m. We promise the first 10 fans in the "stands" -
blankets and lawn chairs encouraged - will receive a fabulous 2007 Fan
Appreciation Night gift of some kind.

The game is at Brackett Park, Diamond #5 (E 28th St & 38th Ave S,
Minneapolis 55406) vs. the Rowdies. Be there as right-hander Stacy
Maher takes on the Rowdies' Anna Kerr at 6:55 p.m.

Friends and family are welcome, and it should be a beautiful evening
outdoors. We hope to see you!"

If you're in the Twin Cities area, be sure to come on over to the ol' ballyard. You don't want to miss this, folks. I'll be wearing my red socks...and I'm not quite as dedicated as this guy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO??!?!?!? Did the stinky red socks swing a home run in, or what?

Ben said...

I, too, am curious. Was it a victory for Team America?

Ted said...

Sigh. Team America lost 20-13. You prolly would have been thoroughly unimpressed with the efforts of this blogger - although I did perform quite the mid-air pirouette around/over the catcher.

No homers, Bauschy. I crushed the first ball I saw. Alas, it was about 10 feet foul. That woulda, shoula, coulda been a round-tripper.

The red socks were concealed all game due to chilly weather conditions. That was part of the problem, I figure.

Ben said...

Ah, I heard the red socks were just painted on anyway.

Sorry about the L, though.

Tim said...

I think we would have won if Ted totally raked as much as the guy in the picture.