Thursday, April 26, 2007

Radio

"He didn't respond to 'Radio' when I asked him to climb up the tree and get the ball."
--Dave

At our pre-season party, our softball team realized that we have a lack of nicknames. Most people have taken to calling me "Uncle Ted" and our manager sometimes is referred to as "Captain," but that's about it. We started to brainstorm at the party when Captain Miranda declared that Tim should be known as Radio. Let me explain.

Tim played on the team the last couple years, but he bowed out in 2007 due to bad ankles. He plays a lot of soccer and his joints can only take so much wear-and-tear. But he is still coming to the softball games in his uniform and hanging out because he loves us. That is the only reason why Miranda called him "Radio." He's like the super-fan hanging out on the bench. Only he doesn't get very excited. The nickname has nothing to do with any of Tim's physical or mental attributes. [Insert older brother Ben joke here.]

Tim doesn't particularly like the nickname, it's not ideal, and it's not sticking very well. But we keep discussing it, and Dave produced the above quote on Wednesday night. I was the only one to start laughing uncontrollably...which now makes me think it's not a bloggable quote. Oh well. Too late.

5 comments:

Ben said...

1) Oh, it's bloggable.

2) I wouldn't think of making a joke about Tim's deficient physical and mental faculties.

3) Since "Radio" isn't sticking, I suggest "Ankles."

Wally said...

I like "Radio", and I'll be sure to call Timmy B that next time I see him. I realize that may be 2 years from now, but I'm sure I'll remember...

Tim said...

Maybe I should Netflix the movie before I knock the nickname. Does Radio get a lot of ass in the movie? On second thought, probably not...

PS Hi Wally!

Anonymous said...

I like Ankles, myself. That makes me laugh.

Tim said...

As long as it's not "Kankles"...