Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Two steps forward, one step back

Three weeks down, 14 to go. Another mixed bag for my fantasy football teams again this past Sunday and Monday. On the positive side, I won two of three games. The kicker you see here (picture courtesy Elsa/Getty Images) tried his best to send my most important squad to 0-3. He missed field goals from 42 and 43 yards, causing me to utter something like, "Mr. Wilkins, you have greatly vexed me! If you were in my presence, I would deliver unto you a most thorough thrashing!"

The bad news is that the best club I own, a 2-1 juggernaut that leads the inter-office league in points, is riddled with injuries. One of my starting running backs strained his abdomen; the other tore the ACL in his left knee. And Mr. Andre Johnson, featured in the previous fantasy football post, will miss a second straight game in Week 4. Oh, and my quarterback has cracked ribs. Good times.

Alas, injuries are all part of the journey that is fantasy football...we persevere and move forward.

No comments: